We are conducting a study of women and trauma/bullying in higher education worldwide. Whether you are a full professor facing conflict in the workplace, an adjunct or tutor accepting unreasonable requests or unacceptable behavior in the hope of further work or a postgraduate student struggling with an advisor, we want to hear from you. You can contribute in a range of ways:
- Join our Facebook page to keep up to date with our research.
- Write your story for the project. Details of how to do this are provided on our website. Date for Expressions of Interest (a proposal to write your story): November 30 2019. Date of submission: June 30 2020.
- Participate in an interview. If you would prefer to talk through your experience, we can conduct an interview in person or online. Final date to request an interview December 31 2019.
- Participate in our survey. Details of the survey to be released shortly.
- Share this invitation with your networks – we are hoping to reach as many people as possible.
All contributions will be anonymized to protect participants. The safety of our participants is very important to us and you can read more on or website about how we will work to protect your identity.
We believe that sharing our stories is our most powerful means of collective activism, and by publishing a collection of narratives we will send an effective message to the academy about the systemic problems of abuse experienced by women in higher education.
Please explore our website for more details about the project and the researchers. If you would like to learn more about the project or have any questions, please get in touch through the contact section of our site.
Lisa Emerson and Susan Thomas